- Database & Species lists
- For G10K Organizers (restricted)
Things to Do
Santa Cruz County
- Keep tabs on the weather in Santa Cruz, California.
- Want to learn to surf? Check out Club Ed located on Cowell beach right in front of the Dream Inn for lessons.
- Year round fun is at Neptune's Kingdom at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk open daily.
- Don't forget bowling at the Boardwalk Bowl.
- Santa Cruz Wharf is home to 8 restaurants, 9 gift shops, and fishing charters.
- Check out our 29 miles of beaches
- Order a Santa Cruz County Traveler's Guide: free to USA travelers and $6.00 shipping fee for international orders or view the Official Traveler's Guide online.
- Other local attractions:
- DeLaveaga Golf and Lodge For reservations up to 1 week in advance use the automated tee time service 831-423-7212 or book online.
- From Roaring Camp Railroads in Felton, see California's towering redwood forests from two historic railroads. Travel by steam train up a narrow-gauge track through the Big Trees to Bear Mountain or by beach train down the scenic San Lorenzo River to the occasionally sunny beaches of Santa Cruz.
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park is California's oldest State Park, established in 1902. Home to the largest continuous stand of ancient coast redwoods south of San Francisco, the park consists of over 18,000 acres of old growth and recovering redwood forest, with mixed conifer, oaks, chaparral, and riparian habitats. Elevations in the park vary from sea level to over 2,000 feet. The climate ranges from foggy and damp near the ocean to sunny, warm ridge tops.
- Santa Cruz Mountains wine tasting--The Santa Cruz Mountains have been recognized as a premium wine-producing region since the late 1800s when local winegrowers first began to win acclaim for their wines in national and international competitions. Few of these original wineries survived prohibition, but many new wineries have developed since the 1940s.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center is part of the Joseph M. Long Marine Laboratory, a research and education facility of the University of California, Santa Cruz. The laboratory is affiliated with the Institute of Marine Sciences, a university research unit. The lab serves as a base for field research in Monterey Bay and the ocean beyond. Institute of Marine Sciences faculty and researchers conduct marine field studies throughout the world.
- Monterey County Official Visitor's Guide
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Constantly surprising with new exhibits and programs, and with a steadfast dedication to marine education and conservation, the aquarium is consistently ranked among the top attractions in the world.
- Cannery Row houses an eclectic blend of specialty shops, local artists' galleries, and more than 25 restaurants and world-class attractions.
IMAX Theater Watch feature length 3D movies and dive into 12,000 watts of digital-surround sound and giant-screen action.