- Database & Species lists
- For G10K Organizers (restricted)
We welcome the G10K group to the 2011 Genome Assembly Workshop and Genome 10K meeting. The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa, a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz, California has reserved a limited number of rooms for these meetings. Please refer to the events mentioned above when making your reservations.
The historic mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Newly refreshed by a $15 million dollar renovation, Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by the California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach, and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Chaminade is the first hospitality business in Santa Cruz County to receive a “Green Business Certification” for its environmental efforts.
- AAA Four Diamond resort
- IACC-approved conference resort
- Views of Monterey Bay
- 300 acres of native woodland
- 156 newly renovated guest rooms & suites
- Full-service spa and fitness center
- Pool, tennis and private hiking trails
- 5 Minutes from golf, beaches and downtown Santa Cruz
Welcome to the Genome Assembly Workshop and the Genome 10K meeting. We have reserved rooms exclusively for the G10K group, but availability is limited.
The Dream Inn is located at 175 West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz only two miles from the UCSC campus. When making reservations, please refer to the Genome 10K Project to reserve a Deluxe King or a Deluxe Double Queen room at the rate of $149.00 + a 10.065% occupancy tax and a $1.50 countywide assessment fee per person per night.
A valid credit card is required at the time of the reservation. The credit card will not be charged until check out. Each guest has 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel his or her reservation without being charged for the room plus a 10% occupancy tax.
The Dream Inn features the following amenities for your convenience:
- Complimentary Internet access—WIFI & CAT5
- Honor bars with refrigerators
- Every guest room has an astounding view of Monterey Bay from private balconies
- MP3/iPod docking stations
- HD flat screen TVs with computer connectivity
- Same-day laundry service
- Large rainwater shower heads with removable wands
- Complimentary valet parking and self parking
Airport shuttle: Check with your host for shuttle services.
We eagerly await your March 2011 arrival to the only luxury beachfront hotel in Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre property.
University Inn & Conference Center
Welcome, G10K group. If you wish to make reservations (rates) at the University Inn, please call 866-827-2466 (do not make reservations online as G10K rates will not apply) and reference the Genome 10K Project group . Room availability is limited and must be reserved by Monday, February 14, 2011 for discounted rates to apply. Cancellation notice is required 24 hours in advance to avoid full value cancellation charges.
The attractively furnished guest rooms offer comfort, style and a host of other amenities. Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, we hope you take advantage of all the University Inn & Conference Center has to offer. After your busy day, relax beside the pool or in our spa. Or perhaps you'd like to work the kinks out in our fitness room, complete with stair climber, exercise bike and multi-station gym.
- Heated pool, Jacuzzi and fitness room on-site
- Complimentary Continental breakfast
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Complimentary parking
- Voice mail
- Complimentary in-room coffee
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
- Laundry facility on-site